Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Let them be little...

From Carter's Dad... We woke up this morning at the hospital and came in to see how Carter was doing. Surprisingly, with all of the medication he's had, he was already partially awake. When we walked into the room, he saw Mom and Dad and immediately began to try to sit up and see us. Being in restraints, covered in IV's and tubing, it's heartbreaking seeing your child like this when they should be out running around doing what little boys do. I think sometimes as a parent you worry so much about your kids getting hurt that you don't let them do all of the things that kids should be doing. I realize that all too often I am so busy worrying about the things they are, or are not doing that they've somehow grown up without me even realizing it. Seeing Carter like this makes me realize I need to worry less about things that aren't important and focus on letting them be kids. Let them be little...

Ryan






3 comments:

  1. Great post Dad. We are so glad that everthing went well to this point. Even with all the tubes, stitches and machines, he looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan, this is an awesome post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. What a great eye-opening experience in the midst of all that is going on. I'm glad the surgery went well and the recovery is on it's way. Tell Melissa to let me know if there is anything that she and your family needs. Carrie Terrell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan and Melissa,
    Carter, you, and your sweet family are very much in my prayers. I pray that GOD will wrap his loving arms around you at this time and that he will lay his healing hands upon Carter and heal him, for HE IS the MIGHTY PHYSICIAN.
    Love & (((HUGS))) to your family.

    ReplyDelete