Monday, February 8, 2010

UPDATE:

Carter is out of the Operating Room, and in the ICU. The Surgeon came and met with us, and he said he feels good about the repair thus far, and the amount of regurgitation has decreased quite a bit. The valve still has some mild leakage, but he said it is much better.


He said this may only prove to be a temporary fix, but is hoping it will help him to wait until he's older for a more permanent solution.

They also used a small piece of his Pericardium to try to repair his pulmonary valve, but it didn't seem to help his pulmonary leakage. They aren't as concerned about that right now however. Overall, her seemed positive about the repair thus far. He said we could go back and see him in about half an hour. He will remain sedated and intubated until tomorrow morning.

5 comments:

  1. Hurray for Carter! We are so happy. We've been thinking of all of you all day. What a trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good!!! I am so so glad to hear all is going well. We'll keep praying for you. I love all the cute pre-op pictures of him...he looks excited with that sweet smile of his :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that things went good! He is such a darling boy! Hope you see you at work soon, even though I am sure you don't!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it went well! I love all the adorable pre-op photos, and I can't imagine trying to keep him from eating so long. That's why I was surprised it was so late in the day. My thoughts are with you guys, what an ordeal for the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is so cute. I wish that I could write well enough to do one. Im glad that everything is going well with Carter.

    ReplyDelete